- Assemble with Defend Whittington Hospital Coalition, 11am at the hospital on Saturday
All London Hospitals March Saturday 18th May
Saturday is nearly upon us – the day of the All London March to Save the NHS. We are supporting this demo since it is an opportunity for people across London to show their concerns and anger at the privatisation and cuts – in various ways- to hospital services across. London. A cut in one hospital impacts on hospital provision for us all. And there is a variety of horrible cuts proposed across London, including a total lack of spare mental health beds within the M25 area.
Please join our feeder march to the demo (via the tubes, of course!).
We are meeting outside the Whittington Hospital at 11.00 sharp, on Saturday morning. Do join us, so we can march together behind our banner
More details about the march and how you can help, such as stewarding which is still needed, can be found below. And a songsheet is attached for use during the march.
Meeting with Hospital Board
We are arranging to meet with the Board of the Hospital for them to update us with their latest plans and to answer our questions – see attached. We would like as many staff and residents there as possible. The date and time is proving difficult as the Board want this before the end if this month, when our local MPs are not free. So we are negotiating times and dates, and will keep you posted. Given the current reportedly intimidating climate for some staff at the Hospital, we have requested that no member of staff should be intimidated of victimised for attendance or for speaking at this meeting.
Next Planning Meeting
Please join us at 7.00 pm on Monday 20th May at Archway Methodist Hall, Archway Close, so that you can listen to our plans and have your say about what you think we should be doing next. There is another Board meeting on Wednesday 22nd and Hospital Open Day events. We should discuss how these have gone and whether or not we should be present.
Our website – www.dwhc.org.uk <http://www.dwhc.org.uk/> – has been fabulously updated. Do have a look. And do make a comment on several of the pages that might interest you. Big thanks to Tony Marshall for his work on and commitment to it,
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday
Shirley Franklin, Chair , Defend the Whittington Hospital Coalition, www.dwhc.org.uk <http://www.dwhc.org.uk/>
Defend Whittington Hospital Coalition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/243554475615/
Please sign the petition to stop the Whittington Hospital Sell-off!
JOIN THE MARCH TO DOWNING STREET TO DEFEND LONDON’S NHS
SATURDAY 18 MAY
ASSEMBLE 12 NOON
Concert Hall Approach ( Belvedere Road) Waterloo
MARCH TO DOWNING STREET
Rally in Whitehall 2pm
INCLUDED IN THIS EMAIL:
- LOCAL MEET UP POINTS
- DISABLED ACCESS
- LEAFLETS & POSTERS
- PRESS AND PUBLICITY
- STEWARDS NEEDED
- HELP MAKE PLACARDS?
- DONATIONS NEEDED
- WHAT NEXT
LOCAL MEET UP POINTS FOR THE DEMO
- Ealing Broadway tube 11am <https://www.facebook.com/events/121307804726666/146302312227215/?ref=notif¬if_t=plan_mall_activity>
- Earls Court Tube 11am (Warwick St exit) <https://www.facebook.com/events/121307804726666/146302312227215/?ref=notif¬if_t=plan_mall_activity>
- Hackney Dalston stn Kingsland Rd by 76 bus stop 11am <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hackney-Keep-Our-NHS-Public/348048028558058>
- Hammersmith Tube 11am (statue at front of stn) <https://www.facebook.com/events/121307804726666/146302312227215/?ref=notif¬if_t=plan_mall_activity>
- Haringey meet Turnpike Lane Tube 11am <http://defendlondonsnhs.wordpress.com/contact-us/>
- Kingston Station 11am <http://www.facebook.com/events/118213858365677/?ref=3>
- Lewisham Station 11:30 <https://www.facebook.com/events/154530164729844/>
- St Thomas Hospital 11am <https://www.facebook.com/events/121307804726666/146302312227215/?ref=notif¬if_t=plan_mall_activity>
- Student meet up organised by ULU <https://www.facebook.com/events/136657029858290>
- Tower Hamlets meet 11:30 Whitechapel tube <https://www.facebook.com/events/121307804726666/146302312227215/?ref=notif¬if_t=plan_mall_activity>
- Walhamstow Central station 11am <https://www.facebook.com/SaveWalthamForestNhs?ref=stream&hc_location=timeline>
- Whittington Hospital 11am <http://dwhc.org.uk/whats-coming-up/>
ACCESS FOR THOSE WITH DISABILITIES OR DIFFICULTY IN WALKING
The march route is all on roads and is wheel chair accessible. We estimate it will take about an hour.
There are a restricted number of seats on a campaign bus (which is not wheel chair accessible) for those who cannot walk the full route – please book these with us in advance.
LEAFLETS AND POSTERS
You can download black and white leaflets and posters here:
A5 Leaflet http://defendlondonsnhs.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/18_may_bw-a5-updated-pdf.pdf
A3 Poster http://defendlondonsnhs.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/18_may_poster_bw.pdf
If you or your group can volunteer as stewards please let us know as soon as possible or contact Anne on 07854 467373
Please can stewards meet at 10:30am at Concert Hall Approach SE1
CAN YOU HELP MAKE PLACARDS?
If you could help make placards on Wednesday or Thursday 15/16 May at 2.30pm or 6.30pm contact 07854 467373 for address.
PRESS AND PUBLICITY
Can you get your local papers to cover the demonstration?
Do you have any local patients or others who it would be good to include in a London press release?
A press release will be uploaded to the web site soon that you can use here: http://defendlondonsnhs.wordpress.com/60-2/
DONATIONS STILL URGENTLY NEEDED
This demonstration has cost thousands of pounds so all donations welcome.
Please send cheques to London Keep Our NHS Public c/o 32 Savernake Road, NW3 2JP
- CAMPAIGNING FOR A NATIONAL DEMONSTRATION Sign up statement here soon
- HUNT FOR HUNT SATURDAY 15 JUNE http://www.savelewishamhospital.com/the-hunt-for-hunt/
- NHS ANNIVERSARY DAY OF ACTION AGAINST THE PRIVATEERS FRIDAY 05 JULY
- PEOPLE’S ASSEMBLY SATURDAY 22 JUNE http://thepeoplesassembly.org.uk/
- WHERE NEXT TO SAVE OUR NHS: WORKSHOP TO SHARE EXPERIENCE OF CAMPAIGNS
- Next London organising meeting w/c 10 June – details tbc