From: Defend the Whittington Hospital Coalition <email@example.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 21:36:34 +0000
Subject: Update and activities
We have been busy, busy, busy, preparing the campaign to fight against the nasty sell-off and the massive cuts to hospital jobs and services that the sell-off involves.
1. Meeting Tuesday 12th February at 7.30, Archway Methodist Hall. Leaflet attached. Please distribute widely.
SO many people have told us they coming that we are preparing to have an overflow meeting outside, with a PA system – so please bring warm clothes. We will reserve seats for disabled and elderly inside. There will be room for others.
Because this is going to be big and complicated, WE DESPERATELY NEED STEWARDS. If you can help us please email us asap, so that we can send you stewarding details.
Dr Koh, the Chief Executive of the hospital will tells us her plans for the hospital – or should we say grandiose health centre – and she will be answering questions from the floor. Jeremy Corbyn has it in writing from her that any hospital worker who attends and speaks at this meeting will not be disciplined.
There is a range of speakers at this meeting. We are a coalition of patients, hospital staff, local groups, political parties and trade unions. The MPs on the platform are all Labour party MPs, because that is whom we have elected – apart from Lynne Featherstone, whom we understand does not necessarily oppose the sell-off and is a Cabinet member for this Government who are responsible for the NHS cuts and damaging health legislation.
2. Planning Meeting Monday 18th February 7.30 Archway Methodist Church
The campaign will need participation from local people and groups. Please ensure that your group/trade union/party is represented at this meeting.
3. Lobby of the Hospital Board Meeting Wednesday 27th February 2-5pm
We will be asking the Board to withdraw the decisions about the sell-off. The Board Meeting is at the Whittington Education Centre (behind the Jenner Building). This is a building that looks as if it’s up for demolition/sale!
4. DEMO!!!! – if the Board do not rescind the sell-off and cuts decisions. Saturday 16th March. The route we are planning we hope will go along the Holloway Road and rally outside the Whittington Hospital. Keep this date in your diaries! (And let us know if you would like to help steward it.)
5. Please continue to send meeting leaflet to everyone you know and ask them to sign the petition. You could organise your own leafleting and petitioning activities. (Leaflet attached). PDF of Petition is also on our website.
6. Do put the attached poster up on your window!
Defend the Whittington Hospital Coalition